Thursday, April 22, 2010

Brinlie Faith

A lot of people ask me where did I come up with the name of Brinlie Faith. So I thought that I would write a little something on my blog to answer this question if it was one. Here we go and I hope you enjoy!



While in high school almost eight years ago I heard the name of Brinlie. Where? I'm not sure but I wrote it in my journal to remember it for when I had a little girl of my own. Faith. At the beginning of my pregnancy it wasn't the easiest by far. At least in my own opinion. I was sick all the time, living in the bathroom and nausea medication did not work. There was a period of time at about 12 weeks I received a blessing by Josh and my brother-in-law to help me over come being sick and to be able to enjoy my pregnancy. Days and weeks went by and to me it seemed like it didn't work. I got sicker and more miserable. While being sick I lost my job where I worked for almost four years. It was my own stupidity and I now understand that. But with this loss it raised questions that Josh and I never had to think about before. We'll we have enough money to pay for rent, eat, bills, hospital bills and future hospital bills??? Yes! I became very depressed by telling myself how stupid I was for getting fired; that I could be working and making money still if I didn't do what I did. But I would keep getting sick and receive more blessings from Josh and my father-in-law. Again I felt like Heavenly Father wasn't listening or wanted to help me. A few weeks would pass and it came time for Josh and I to go on a vacation to Oregon. Its been years since Josh has been and I've never been. I was excited but how I would go with being so sick I didn't think that it would be an option. Without my knowledge my sweet, caring, loving husband asked my family and his (not just immediate) to fast for me. That Friday before leaving for our trip I wasn't sick. I was able to eat a little bit and actually keep it down. So I packed up my things to head to Oregon. The whole time while in Oregon I wasn't sick. It wasn't till after our trip that Josh told me what he and all of our family had done for me...just me. At that very moment I knew that I should never question the doings of oure Heavenly Father. That He will never leave me and put me through something that I can't handle. My faith was wobbly at times; so wobbly that at times I thought to myself that if this is what pregnancy was like and that I have to suffer from it...that it wasn't worth it for another child. I went to the ER a total of four times within my first trimester. The fourth and final time they found that my gallbladder has been the culprit of my sickness. The next day at 16 weeks pregnant I had my gallbladder removed. During the week of recovery wasn't easy cause I was still a little sick. Again I kept telling myself "that I can get through this". It was hard. At the end of the week I was up, walking around and I wasn't sick. Oh it was joyous!

So to cut this long story down...I was able to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy. I didn't question my faith and I now that I want more children. I'm grateful for wonderful family that put themselves aside to help me. I love my wonderful husband that put up with me throughout my pregnancy, being sick and moody. Josh never once complained (at least to my knowledge). He's amazing! So with all that I've gone through this was the outcome...



A very beautiful baby girl that's the most amazing thing to me in the world. Thanks for reading my story. Love ya!

1 comment:

  1. cute pics, love your love story♪ Shalene

    ReplyDelete